30 July – 2 Aug 2021
BLACKEN OPEN AIR returns in 2021
Gates open Friday evening for the pre-party…
Main Stage runs Saturday and Sunday until late.
The festival is family friendly with a kid’s area and activities.
- Festival tickets are on sale now
- All ages – under 18’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Day tickets are available on the gate
- Gates open in the evening of Friday, 30 July
- Entry for vehicles to main festival site closes at 4.00pm on Saturday 31 July or when capacity is reached. Pedestrian access is still permitted.
- Camping is first in, first served, so get in early to reserve your spot.
- There will be additional parking outside the main gates in the day-parking area.
- It is requested that all ticket holders and vehicles leave the festival site by 12.00pm on Monday 2 August in order for us to bring in our service vehicles for bump-out.
- Camping is included for the duration of your ticket validity.
- Cabins are also available on site. For bookings contact Ross River Homestead directly on (08) 8956 9711
- Don’t hit a cow man. The road to Blacken Open Air is cattle country. Please don’t underestimate the dangers. Cattle and wild brumbies roam free on the road. A sharp eye is paramount while driving the Ross Highway. Tell your passengers to be spotters along the way.
- Driving after dark is a no-no.
- There are a few stretches of road along the Ross Highway (to road to Blacken Open Air) that is one lane, meaning; room for one vehicle only. The “rule” around these one-lane stretches; if a heavy vehicle is coming towards you, you MUST pull off the road completely and let it pass. You can then continue on your journey.
- There are multiple water refill taps located within the festival site and camping area. These will be clearly marked.
- Please note, the tap water is bore water; safe to drink but may not be to everyone’s liking.
- Bottled water will be available for purchase at the bar.
- There will be a number of food vendors available catering for carnivores, herbivores and most in between.
- The food vans will be serving breakfast, lunch & dinner (and coffee!)
- Don’t forget to hit the supermarket on your way out to pick up snacks
- This is a fully licensed event.
- No BYO alcohol is permitted.
- Security will be searching vehicles on entry (a condition of the license).
- Any alcohol found will be confiscated.
- Please advise the crew / medics or security immediately if you see someone who appears to be distressed due to intoxication, anxiety or any other unidentified ailment.
Cash & EFT
- There will be EFTPOS facilities available.
- Please bring sufficient cash for the weekend.
Showers & toilets
- Flushing toilets and hot showers available.
- Disabled amenities are on site.
- Showers will be limited to a couple of hours a day to conserve water.
Safety, Security & First Aid
- There will be First Aiders available on site 24/7.
- There will be licensed security personnel roaming 24/7.
- Traditional Owners ask all festival goers to not climb the red ridge at the back of the campsite for cultural reasons. This is a sacred site.
- Dehydration is a serious risk in the desert. Please ensure you stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- No pets are permitted on site.
- Certified Assistance Dogs are of course welcome.
- Blacken Open Air strongly advise attendees not to bring illegal substances to the site.
- Please look after yourselves and your friends
- There will be a police presence at the festival.
- The festival site has a number of designated campfires within the event space for all to enjoy. Don’t be reason they’ll be completely banned at future events.
- There is a zero tolerance policy in the camping area for safety reasons.
- Renegade fires in the campground will be extinguished by site crew.
- Please take your campsite rubbish home with you.
- There will be rubbish and recycling stations around the main stage area.
- Smokers please stomp ya butt & put it in the bin.